Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Me!

I am welcoming 2010 with Big HUGE wide open arms!

I am super excited that 2009 has ended and that a new year has begun. I gained a lot in 2009 and am very thankful for such an educational year, however 2010 is a new clean crisp year where I can take what I learned and grow more.

I am not the type of person who makes resolutions and doesn't follow thru on them...I just don't typically make resolutions so I don't fail. This year however, I have a few resolutions and am going to try my hardest to stick with them. Sticking with them is going to only better the future for myself and my son.

Shakira's song "Give it Up to Me" is my new favorite song. With the following lyrics, I am going to sing/listen to this every time I need to be reminded....

I want the best and the best things in life are free
You can have it all
Anything you want you can make it yours
Anything you want in the world
Anything you want in the world
Give it up to me
Nothing too big or small
Anything you want you can make it yours
Anything you want in the world
Anything you want in the world
Give it up to me
What you get is exactly what you give
Never really know until you try
We're so ahead of this
Got this she wolf appetite that keeps me up all night
You know the way it works don't be afraid to ask
Aim high when the target is low
FYI I am ready to go

They say that to be effective at your new years resolutions you need to take them in baby steps (i.e. walk 5 minutes each day and work up from there) and not set the goal too high. They also say writting them down helps people keep them as you are committed at that point to do it. So for 2010 my resolutions are:
  • Focus on me (this may sound selfish, but if I am not happy with myself than my life with others won't be a happy one)
  • Eat better (bring breakfast and lunch to work, eat healthier dinners and drink more water)
  • Excercise weekly (Atleast 4 times a week for atleast 30 minutes a day to start and build up from there)
  • Become better with finances (I need to focus more on my future and less on the non necessities in life. With this I will bring breakfast and lunch to work, stop shopping aimlessly and have a strict budget to follow. I need to do this for my future.)

All of these resolutions are crucial to my future and my happiness. I have forgotten about myself for so long and am just not comfortable with how I look and where I am in life. Following thru on my 4 resolutions will help me feel better in my own skin, make my future a better place and make my life a happier place to be in. I am truly motivated to do these steps and to keep up with them. I am motivated to make my life (and my sons) a better place and my (our) future an even better place.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm back from my "i'm going to abandon my blog" hiatus... just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete