Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just like playing chess, need to figure out the next move....

I have never played chess or had a desire to learn how to play it, but I do know that you are constantly searching for your next move to get thru the game. Sometimes I feel like my life is a game (The Game of Life) and I am constantly battling what the next move is. Sometimes I make the right move, sometimes I make the smart move and get the go ahead 5 spaces, and sometimes I make not so smart move and have to return to START. No matter which move I get, I learn and go onto the next possible move I can make to get to the end of the game. There is no one to compete against, except myself, and there is no one to prove anything to. For most of it there is no clock to beat.

I have been playing the same game for at least 3 years now. I have been battling with the fact that I am the only one on the birth certificate for my amazing son. For the longest time I had the hardest time dealing with the fact that Sleeping Beauty didn't sign it and wasn't on it. For the longest time I worried about what people would think when they found out he wasn't on it. For the longest time I wondered what this meant for the future. I can finally say that my shoulders have a little less weight on them knowing that due to Sleeping Beauty's decision not to sign the paperwork, rights to my amazing son are at the level of ZERO for him. Many steps would need to be taken to get any rights to him and too much money, that he doesn't have since he is constantly unemployed, would need to be spent on this battle.

Phew! What a relief that is....but now I have a few more decisions I need to make. Do I continue on my battle or do I leave it where it is in hopes nothing comes out of the woodwork? Either way there are pro's and there are con's, it is just comparing the pro's and con's to see which is more valuable to my son and my future life. So for now I will leave it at that.....gosh being a responsible parent is not as easy as people think, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your uplifting comment. I have read a good bit of your blog. You are such a strong person and I admire you so much for that. Us mama's are a lot stronger than we give ourselves credit for sometimes. I know I've often times thought-I can't do this another day-yet I managed and we made it through!

    I am so glad you found me and I look forward to sharing more of our experiences together!

    ReplyDelete