Sunday, June 21, 2009

What a weekend...

With the way my week was going at work, I honestly didn't think it could get any worse....and once I walked out the doors Friday afternoon it only went up from there. I started off by going to Panera and having my first official meal in a restaurant by myself. I have never done that and since I was hungry and had time to waste why not eat while sitting down and not in the car. I then went to the mall to find a chocolate bunny from Lindt since Camdon pooped on the potty and the bunny I told him he could have melted the day before.....NO LUCK getting a rabbit not during the Easter season. I stopped in Target while at the mall and picked up some diapers (which I am going to return now since we are doing so well on the potty, more to come shortly), pull ups (man those are so expensive), 2 New Release movies for $10 each (super excited) and some shampoo/conditioner. I picked up Cam from his sitter early and decided since he did so well on the potty I would take him to his first movie at the theater, we went and saw UP. I was ecstatic when the girl asked how old he was and told me that under 4 is free....go me for only paying $5.50 to get into the movie for the 2 of us. We went to Chunky's and got popcorn for Camdon, dinner and dessert while watching the movie.


Waiting patiently for the movie to begin. He kept saying "Okay, movie over" and I had to keep telling him it hadn't started yet.

Content with his popcorn.

Sharing dinner with Teddy. He had chicken nuggets, chips and milk. The movie started shortly after he finished eating his dinner, but the popcorn wasn't too far away.


Camdon loved the movie....I think he enjoyed the fact that he could sit in the big comfy old car chairs, stand up, walk over to my side of the table, sit on my lap and lay back in the chair...all while watching a movie on this HUGE screen. It was great...can't wait to do it again. After the movie ended we went home and had a tub before going to bed.

Saturday was another great day. Unfortunately we have been getting so much rain lately and scheduled to get another 6 days worth of rain....so I took advantage of Saturday morning being clear from rain. It has been my goal this year to do a lot of different things with Camdon since he is getting a little bit bigger and one of those things was to go strawberry picking.


Heading to find some strawberries.

Finding a good strawberry.
Going to the next row to get some more strawberries.

Camdon did well at first picking strawberries....we had lots of white and green strawberries in our bucket but we had fun so that is all that mattered.


On our way back from Strawberry picking we hit a couple yard sales (well we hit one and drove by another) and I got 2 games for $3 and a bag of My Little Ponies for the sitters daughter for $1. We got home shortly after and Camdon rode on his jeep for a bit, we had lunch and he took a short nap. When he woke up he declared he wanted to "go feed the cows". So off to the petting farm we went.
Feeding the goat.

Feeding the sheep (this is the mean sheep who pushed the other out of the way) ....

and was eager to eat whatever Camdon would give him....

and just stick his head out far enough to eat from the bowl.
On our way back home the clouds were rolling in and we had to stop at Walmart to pick up some things I could find at Target. We got home, I grilled up some chicken. I ended up cutting up the strawberries and putting them in the freezer so we can use them whenever a craving comes about.
Sunday morning started off with strawberry pancakes...YUMMY! It was a pretty yucky day with all the rain so we stayed indoors all day and in our jammies. I have to say that with all the stuff we have been doing this weekend we have still been able to work on the potty training. Just today, Camdon earned 7 stickers....GO CAMDON! I had asked him a few weeks ago if he wanted a sticker chart like at school and he said no.....but today he asked me for one so I drew one up for him and hopefully it helps him out.
Phew what a weekend....and next weekend isn't any quieter with all the bbq's we have to go to and such. What a great way to spend the summer....with friends and family doing things and keeping busy. Memories will be made and photos will be shared.



No comments:

Post a Comment