Thursday, July 9, 2009

Chugging right along....

I haven't posted lately on how potty training is going, I guess now is as good of a time as any. I am really proud of my little man....he is just chugging along on the potty training train. Today is only Thursday and I have received 2 emails this week (different days too) at work from Jen, the sitter, telling me that Camdon has pooped on the potty. WAY TO GO LITTLE MAN!!! I am so proud of him. His Pull Up has been dry for the most part lately and he is even telling me when he has to go pee. My little baby is growing up.

I started this task back on my vacation in May....it was May 15th to be exact. I knew it was going to take some time, hoping it would be a few day process and painless, but I didn't realize it was going to be this quick. For most people I know that have potty trained, boys and girls, it has been a pretty lengthy experience. I was praying that Camdon would be completely potty trained by the end of summer. I know I still have time and I am far from rushing or pushing him to do this.....but in the same aspect, I really don't want to buy anymore Pull Ups or wipes. I am running low on both and do not want to have to spend more money on these.

Tomorrow I have "off". I am working for a few hours in the morning, so while we are home I am going to have Camdon run around with nothing on his bottom half except for his PJ pants since it is rather chilly tonight. I am also debating on putting big boy underwear on him tomorrow so he can get use to that. I figure if he stays without a Pull Up on it will reinforce to him that he has to use the potty and can't go in his PJ's. This weekend is a little busy with a 1st bday party and I was hoping to go to Boston on Sunday, so while we are home I will have him Pull Up less and go from there.

So last night after dinner, we went to Target. As we are walking around Camdon starts doing the "pee pee" dance and kept asking "hold me". I knew he hadn't pooped all day so I was very eager to get him on the potty when the time came. The carriage had stuff in it and I just couldn't take his "dancing" anymore even though he was saying he didn't have to go, so I told him we were running to the bathroom. We get there and he says....."no pee pee". Uh sorry my friend I don't think so, lets just try. Well he didn't go. So we went back to shopping and I went back to having an eagle eye. Well we get to the other end of the store and Camdon decides that now is the time to say "Momma I have to pee pee". Okay buddy lets go....and we RUN to the other side of the store for him to say "no pee pee". I was so frustrated that we just ran across the store that he had to try again....and nothing. So we go back to finding Grandma who is shopping and 2 minutes later "Momma I have to pee pee". So I say "Camdon...do you really have to go because we have already tried twice?" and he says "UH NO". I guess it is just a game to him.

A game it is....hahahaha. Every time we go to one of my company's softball games lately he says he has to pee. I am not a fan of port-a-potties, but figured I would see if he would go a few weeks back....NOPE. I then tried to get him to go in the woody area where no one would see him....NOPE. So we are at the game Monday and he has to pee, so I take him in the woods (after about 3 other attempts) and he finally goes in the woods. YIPPEE!!! So tonight we are at the game and he tells me he has to pee, we walk over to the woods and he goes. He is getting it...he is figuring it all out. Well he then tells me he has to poop.....uhhhhh okay lets go to the woods (hesitantly). So we walk into the woods and I pull down his pants and Pull Up.....he tried going but nothing came out (in which I was happy because I wasn't prepared at all for this event).

Camdon is chugging along. Momma is proud of her little man. Potty training is shaping up and life is moving forward.

1 comment:

  1. We have so much in common. I know you have commented on my blog before but I have never visited your blog till now. I am trying to visit more and more peoples blogs that leave me comments. Its not just a one way street. Anyway, I think you are amazing. I think all moms are amazing but us single moms have so much in common..we gotta stick together right? Thanks for your sweet comments. I love it.

    ReplyDelete