Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Holy Hail

Summer weather in New England has been so strange this year. I honestly have to say this is the worse summer ever due to the weather (but it isn't stopping little man and I from having a good time). So for almost a month straight we had rain everyday, we got lucky and had sun shining for 3 days. Well today was suppose to be a rainy day, but not only was it rainy...it was chilly. Not only was it rainy and chilly....it hailed! Golf size hail balls fell from the sky this afternoon. It was crazy....crazy I tell you!

Man was I lucky that my car was parked in the garage at work and felt bad for all those people who don't have a spot down there. It was crazy to hear it hitting the windows at the office and to watch it bouncing off the cars and pavement. The hail then turned into downpours and very dark skies.

This wasn't from our storm as I couldn't get a picture, but this IS what it looks like.

So on top of the hail while at work today is this next story.....kinda funny though. So here I am sitting at my desk working. Now my desk is against windows, which I love. All of a sudden I hear THUMP and look up to see feathers floating all over the place. I was like what the heck!? I got up to see if I could see down the 5 stories and see a bird, but the bird must have snapped out of it and kept on flying. I mean did the bird not see the brick that separates the floors of our building. Crazy! I had to just sit there and shake my head while chuckling.

Camdon is still potty training. We have mastered the standing up and peeing part the challenge that just keeps facing us is the bowel movement portion. He just won't go on the potty for me. When I see him getting ready to go I rush him to the bathroom where he instantly doesn't have to go anymore. I still have him sit on the potty, in which turns into a crying scene. I have him sit there while I read, I have him sit there while I hold him, I have him sit there by himself and read....NOTHING! I have a bribe prize on top of the TV stand for when he goes....and he keeps asking for it, in which I have to respond when you go poop on the potty you can have it. I know one day he will get there. I think this weekend I am going to have him run around the house with no Pull Up on to see if that will help. I have to say it is frustrating, but I do keep reminding myself how far we have come in the last 45 days.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I haven't ever seen hail that big before. I would be so scared!

    Good luck with the BM training. Be sure to post some pointers for me, as we will begin that venture soon enough!

    ReplyDelete